The student will work under the controller and will be provided with general office administrative training and real life job practice, gaining valuable hands on experience in an office setting and have the opportunity to gain an understanding of finance and accounting, internal controls, management and financial reporting functions, as well as the primary information systems used in these functions. Experiences will include the following:
- Filing – Accounting/HR records
- Digitalizing internal filing through summer scanning project
- Organize vender file / invoices to ensure timely payment processed
- Assist HR / payroll with filing and data entries
- Assist AP function including invoice entries and payment process
- Assist with the year-end audit
- Must have an accounting/business administration background or currently be enrolled in an accounting/business admin program
- 2nd or 3rd year student preferable
- Preferred 1-2 year office experience
- 35 hours per week for 9 weeks
- Preferred Start Date: ASAP
- Applicant must be under 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
- intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
- is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program;
- is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and;
- is legally entitled to work according to the BC legislation and regulations
No phone calls please*
Please attach a cover letter and resume in your application and upload in one file as our system does not allow you to upload more than one file. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Covenant House Vancouver hires on the basis of merit and ensures quality and diversity in the workplace. Our commitment is to ensure equity in employment without race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation or age, except as prescribed by law. We encourage applicants from qualified aboriginal persons, all genders and sexual orientation, persons with disabilities and others with the skills and knowledge to effectively engage with those from diverse backgrounds.
Please Note: All candidates must successfully complete a criminal records check prior to commencing employment at Covenant House Vancouver.