Entry level position reporting to the food services coordinator. will work with 1-2 coworkers must be able to lift 50 lbs and be able stand for long periods at a time
- Sandwich making ,bread slicing, veg prep, dish washing, salad making, pastry sorting,
- light cleaning, stocking grocery orders, serving meals
- Entry level position some kitchen experience preferred but not necessary but must have an interest or understanding in basic food prep
- 35 hours per week, for 9 weeks – day shift with flexible hours
- Preferred Start Date: ASAP
- Applicant must be under 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
- intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
- is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program;
- is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and;
- is legally entitled to work according to the BC legislation and regulations
No phone calls please*
Please attach a cover letter and resume in your application and upload in one file as our system does not allow you to upload more than one file. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Covenant House Vancouver hires on the basis of merit and ensures quality and diversity in the workplace. Our commitment is to ensure equity in employment without race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation or age, except as prescribed by law. We encourage applicants from qualified aboriginal persons, all genders and sexual orientation, persons with disabilities and others with the skills and knowledge to effectively engage with those from diverse backgrounds.
Please Note: All candidates must successfully complete a criminal records check prior to commencing employment at Covenant House Vancouver.