Do you want to make a difference in the lives of homeless and at-risk youth? Covenant House Vancouver is the premier provider of residential and support services for our city’s homeless youth, and we are growing.
In anticipation of a major expansion of our services, we are recruiting for several positions on our Development & Communications team. Primarily privately funded, Covenant House relies on the hard work and dedication of our staff and volunteers and the generosity of our donor community. It is through all of our efforts that we are able to help at risk young people move off the streets and on to independence.
In addition to our existing vibrant team of fundraisers and related positions, we are excited to be recruiting for several new positions to strengthen our capacity to raise operating funds and serve more young people. Covenant House values work/life balance and the Development & Communications team is a diverse and fun group of professionals responsible for telling the stories of and gaining support for our youth. Join us at a very exciting time in our evolution!
Responsible for assisting in creating and implementing Covenant House Vancouver’s overall strategy for the annual solicitation and stewardship of our Community and Special Events portfolio to meet financial goals determined in the annual Service Plan. Responsible for supervising 3 Development Officers.
The Digital Engagement Associate will support the Development & Communications department with tasks related to the ongoing maintenance of our technological resources including: our website, email newsletters, Blackbaud products and their integration with our general marketing materials. This position will work closely with the Digital Marketing Coordinator, Development Officer, Special Events, Associate Manager, Direct Mail/Database, Supervisor, Donations Processing, as well as with our external/Internal IT providers and other external suppliers.
- Creation of the visual components of e-appeals, emails, e-newsletters, social media platforms and donations landing pages
- Monitors key performance indicators on the website and develops plans with Digital Marketing Coordinator for ongoing improvement
- Works with Digital Marketing Coordinator to ensure the optimization of Covenant House’s search engine presence
- Creates the digital collateral for all Sleep Out events and provides support to D&C team with all other digital collateral
- Videography and photography of events (filming, editing and posting for digital)
- Serves as back-up for Digital Marketing Coordinator in their absence (blog and social media posting
- List pulling and maintenance in Raisers Edge for e-appeals
- Responds to email inquiries and maintains e-newsletter/e-appeal distribution list
- Tracks e-appeal response rates and analyzes on-line giving trends through queries within Raisers Edge
- Manages department software licences
- General website maintenance
- College, University or professional certificate degree is preferred
- 1-2 years related past experience
- Basic Wordpress Development Skills
- Intermediate (X)HTML/CSS skills
- Basic PHP skills
- Basic/Intermediate SEO Optimization
- Basic/Intermediate Graphic Design Skills
- Video editing
Familiarity with following tools:
- Blackbaud’s Raisers Edge, Luminate and Team Raiser
- Google Analytics & Adwords
- 35 hours per week
- Preferred start date of July 4, 2017
- Full benefits package, including sick and personal leave
No phone calls please*
Please attach a cover letter and resume in your application and upload in one file as our system does not allow you to upload more than one file. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Covenant House Vancouver hires on the basis of merit and ensures quality and diversity in the workplace. Our commitment is to ensure equity in employment without race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation or age, except as prescribed by law. We encourage applicants from qualified aboriginal persons, all genders and sexual orientation, persons with disabilities and others with the skills and knowledge to effectively engage with those from diverse backgrounds.
Please Note: All candidates must successfully complete a criminal records check prior to commencing employment at Covenant House Vancouver.