Do you want to make a difference in the lives of homeless and at-risk youth? Covenant House Vancouver is the premier provider of residential and support services for our city’s homeless youth, and we are growing.
In anticipation of a major expansion of our services, we are recruiting for several positions on our Development & Communications team. Primarily privately funded, Covenant House relies on the hard work and dedication of our staff and volunteers and the generosity of our donor community. It is through all of our efforts that we are able to help at-risk young people move off the streets and on to independence.
In addition to our existing vibrant team of fundraisers and related positions, we are excited to be recruiting for several new positions to strengthen our capacity to raise operating funds and serve more young people. Covenant House values work/life balance and the Development & Communications team is a diverse and fun group of professionals responsible for telling the stories of and gaining support for our youth. Join us at a very exciting time in our evolution!
The Development Officer, Prospect Research works with the Development Team to support the growth and understanding of the donor portfolio, which ultimately helps to raise the funds for the operating budget of Covenant House Vancouver. This position will also maintain, solicit and steward a select portfolio of major gift donors.
- Works with the Associate Manager, Donor Advancement to identify, research, and qualify Major Gift prospects including individuals, foundations, and corporations from existing donor portfolio and new prospects in the community
- Organize and prioritize opportunities and provide concrete recommendations to the Associate Manager, Donor Advancement regarding prospect strategies and priorities
- Organize and maintain information in Raisers Edge, Excel, Word, etc.
- Support prospect clearance needs, donor cultivation and stewardship information
- Enter research information into Raisers Edge and handle confidential prospect information in a sensitive, ethical manner
- Receive prospect research requests from Development Team to create profiles, briefings, recommendations for identified prospects
- Implement new research techniques as they arise, striving to design the ultimate prospect research methodology
- Be proactive in anticipating the immediate priorities of the development office
- Investigate, analyze, and synthesize large quantities of data into a user-friendly format
- Other duties as required
- College, University or professional certificate degree is preferred
- 2-3 years related past experience
- Excellent organizational and communications skills; both written & oral
- Ability to organize a diverse range of assignments and projects with high efficiency, yet thorough attention to detail and follow through
- Confident writing
- Competency in a number of computer programs including databases, Microsoft Office etc.
- Outstanding relationship building skills with donors
- Exceptional analytical and decision making skills
- Possess a high level of professionalism
- Demonstrated ability to work exceptionally well in a team environment
- Excellent knowledge of Vancouver’s homelessness issues and the ability to match the cause with the donor community
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge an asset
- 35 hours per week
- Preferred start date of July 4, 2017
- Full benefits package, including sick and personal leave
No phone calls please*
Please attach a cover letter and resume in your application and upload in one file as our system does not allow you to upload more than one file. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Covenant House Vancouver hires on the basis of merit and ensures quality and diversity in the workplace. Our commitment is to ensure equity in employment without race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation or age, except as prescribed by law. We encourage applicants from qualified aboriginal persons, all genders and sexual orientation, persons with disabilities and others with the skills and knowledge to effectively engage with those from diverse backgrounds.
Please Note: All candidates must successfully complete a criminal records check prior to commencing employment at Covenant House Vancouver.