Reporting to the Manager of Quality Assurance. As a Certified Site Administrator for Efforts to Outcomes (ETO), build and maintain the database (including system configuration and upgrade, reports / queries development, data conversion and batch upload, and other related projects). Assist in the definition, formation, and execution of data governance framework, policies, standards, and processes. Maintain a proactive stance in developing and adapting new ways of utilizing ETO throughout the agency. Conduct trainings and provide support for all ETO users on the use of all aspects of the software, including the preparation and regular updates of training standards and documentations.
- Assist in defining the policies and processes that will be used to implement data governance.
- Prepare, implement, and maintain compliance with database management policies and processes.
- Assist in developing and implementing control structures within a simple environment to ensure the security, accuracy, and quality of data through all upstream and downstream data channels.
- Provide thought leadership and participate with projects that involve any of the upstream or downstream data flows and processes.
- Coordinate with the Data Analyst in gathering and understanding functional requirements, develop complex queries and provide reports.
- Ensure compliance with database vendor license agreement.
- Perform audits and evaluation of the structure of ETO to maintain data integrity and relevance as well as optimize database performance.
- Create accounts for all end users, assign security levels, and provide ongoing ETO trainings for new and existing staff.
- Provide end-to-end technical support and problem resolution, including coordination and/or implementation of ETO system upgrades and repairs.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business and Administration, Computer Science, or Information Technology; or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Certification in Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) software, or equivalent experience
- Foundational knowledge of data governance, data quality best practices, and database structures / theories
- Foundational knowledge and/or experience in programming
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Structured Query Language (SQL), Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Intermediate level of proficiency with BusinessObjects
- Expert level proficiency in computers and web-based software, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint, Visio, Access, Project, and Outlook
- Familiarity with reporting tools / software related to statistical data
- Ability to compare technologies and make recommendations to senior members of the team
- Strong analytical, time management, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write various documents such as functional requirements
- Ability to deliver a high level of user support
- Intermediate facilitation skills with the ability to drive issues to positive closure
- Self-motivated and able to handle tasks with minimal supervision or questions
- Understanding of privacy laws and regulations that are relevant to database management and non-profit organizations
- Knowledge of the Social Service sector
- 70 hours per pay period
- Full benefits package, including sick and personal leave
- Preferred start date: ASAP
No phone calls please*
Please attach a cover letter and resume in your application and upload in one file as our system does not allow you to upload more than one file. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Covenant House Vancouver hires on the basis of merit and ensures quality and diversity in the workplace. Our commitment is to ensure equity in employment without race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation or age, except as prescribed by law. We encourage applicants from qualified aboriginal persons, all genders and sexual orientation, persons with disabilities and others with the skills and knowledge to effectively engage with those from diverse backgrounds.
Please Note: All candidates must successfully complete a criminal records check prior to commencing employment at Covenant House Vancouver.