Do you want to make a difference in the lives of homeless and at-risk youth? Covenant House Vancouver is the premier provider of residential and support services for our city’s homeless youth, and we are growing.
In anticipation of a major expansion of our services, we are recruiting for several positions on our Development & Communications team. Primarily privately funded, Covenant House relies on the hard work and dedication of our staff and volunteers and the generosity of our donor community. It is through all of our efforts that we are able to help at risk young people move off the streets and on to independence.
In addition to our existing vibrant team of fundraisers and related positions, we are excited to be recruiting for several new positions to strengthen our capacity to raise operating funds and serve more young people. Covenant House values work/life balance and the Development & Communications team is a diverse and fun group of professionals responsible for telling the stories of and gaining support for our youth. Join us at a very exciting time in our evolution!
Responsible for assisting in creating and implementing Covenant House Vancouver’s overall strategy for the annual solicitation and stewardship of our Community and Special Events portfolio to meet financial goals determined in the annual Service Plan. Responsible for supervising 3 Development Officers.
- Provide input into the development of the department’s goals, objectives, polices, long range planning and strategies for future development
- Assist in setting annual department and individual targets for dollars to raise
- Focus on identifying prospects and opportunities to grow the Community and Special Events portfolio, including Covenant House’s three SleepOut events
- Assign key donor accounts within the Community Giving and Special Events team portfolio
- Representing Covenant House at special events and meetings in the community
- Oversee the development and implementation of individualised cultivation strategies for top donors (within assigned team portfolio)
- Oversee and support the Development Officers on assigned team with developing solicitation strategies
- Prepare monthly reports on the status of all major gift efforts within assigned team portfolio (for the Director)
- All Human Resource functions including employee supervision, timesheet management, payroll, new employee orientation, time-off requests and annual performance evaluations
- Other duties as required
- College, University or professional certificate degree is preferred
- 3 years of related past experience
- Excellent organizational and communications skills; both written & oral
- Excellent writing and proposal preparation
- Strong general knowledge of fundraising strategies
- Employee supervisory skills
- Strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting, data analysis and awareness of local and national economic trends and developments
- 35 hours per week
- Preferred start date of July 4, 2017
- 35 hours per week
- Full benefits package, including sick and personal leave
No phone calls please*
Please attach a cover letter and resume in your application and upload in one file as our system does not allow you to upload more than one file. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Covenant House Vancouver hires on the basis of merit and ensures quality and diversity in the workplace. Our commitment is to ensure equity in employment without race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation or age, except as prescribed by law. We encourage applicants from qualified aboriginal persons, all genders and sexual orientation, persons with disabilities and others with the skills and knowledge to effectively engage with those from diverse backgrounds.
Please Note: All candidates must successfully complete a criminal records check prior to commencing employment at Covenant House Vancouver.